There are many intricate, time-consuming steps involved with publishing a book. In the past, we’ve shared some of the more specific steps (most-recently, how we constructed our back cover). Here’s a brief review of the various ways we publish our book.
When it comes to Secrets of the Lost Caves, we really have 4 distinct products:
1. The print book of the novel itself. This is distributed through our website (www.PotluckYarn.com) and a company called Pathway. They post it to all online retailers, store books, and fulfill to all brick and mortar stores.
2. Next in-line is our eBook (also available now). This is packaged and distributed by Publish Green in a variety of formats (including Kindle/iPad versions).
3. Our workbook, a digital PDF, is offered through our website for free download (click here) and the print version will be uploaded to Ingram Spark for printing and distribution through online retailers.
4. Finally, we have our audio book. This is packaged and distributed by Audible.com through Audio Books, Amazon, and iBookstore. This version of book 1 (The Broken Circle), is undergoing production right now (the sample can be listened to at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eNT95U5iQA) – next in-line is the production of the audio book for Secrets of the Lost Caves.
Now that the limited advance copies of Book 2 (Secrets of the Lost Caves) have arrived… we thought we’d celebrate by offering-up the digital/downloadable version (the eBook) in a free giveaway.
To join, please follow the 3 simple steps below (you’ll need to be signed-in to Facebook for this):
1. Like us on Facebook
2. Share the giveaway post with on your Facebook timeline (Click ‘share’ below)
3. Comment on the giveaway post by telling us why you want to win
That’s it! If you completed each of the steps listed above, you’re entered to win. The winner will be selected on Friday, January 16th and will be posted on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/PotluckYarn) and messaged directly with instructions to redeem your prize. If you don’t want to wait, order the eBook here.
Thank you for your support!
Check out this wicked new colorized version of the map from Book 2.
If you hover-over the map, you get a little magnifying glass to zoom-in for better detail.
Thank you ALL for your patience while we deal with these final shipment delays. We are almost there. Rest assured, all of you who have pre-ordered will be notified here on our Blog, Facebook, or in our email newsletter (you can signup here: ) just as soon as they arrive.
We’re huddling around warm fires here… winter chill us upon us.
VIEW THE MAP HERE: http://potluckyarn.com/the-middlelands/bordertown-book-2/
Explore your personal writing this Spring in the heart of Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom with authors Shannon Okey and Cheryl Potter. Writing From Within takes place April 24-26, 2015.
Stay at the lovely old Hanson House Retreat Center in the picturesque village of Barton, Vermont and enjoy delicious catered meals as you explore the way we write about fiber arts, whether personally or for profit. Morning workshop are team taught by Shannon and Cheryl, with plenty of time for writing and critique.
Shannon is the author of more than a dozen knitting books and the founder of Co-operative Press.
Cheryl is the author of many mainstream knitting books as well as the Potluck Yarn fantasy series.
Roughly two years ago, we posted the following to our blog:
Do you know what a whirling Dervish is? Neither do I—I made him up based on the Tasmanian Devil from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I was a child of the 60’s and Bugs Bunny was something to watch back then when there was no such thing as Care Bears, Tele Tubbies or Sponge Bob Square Pants.
Nowadays the term “whirling dervish” means: In the realm of religious fanaticism a whirling Dervish was somebody who spun round and round until they got so dizzy they entered a prophetic state.
In The Broken Circle, Winter Wheat raises a whirling Dervish from the dead. He was an animal also known as a Watcher, a cross between a dragon and a guard dog. The Dervish whirls as a defense mechanism—his spiked tail can kill anyone close enough to harm the First Folk family he protects. A domesticated Dervish will guard his family for life, something you will see clearly in Book Two. What do any of you think about putting a whirling Dervish on the cover of Secrets of the Lost Caves?
Thanks to input from all of YOU, we decided to place a whirling Dervish on the front cover of Book Two of the Potluck Yarn Trilogy: Secrets of the Lost Caves.
We would like to giveaway a free copy of Secrets of the Lost Caves to the first person who can correctly answer the following two questions:
1. What kind of animal (alive in our World today) is shown hiding in a crevice pictured near the bottom of the book cover (see photo below)?
2. Why might this creature be wearing an Amethyst necklace?
We welcome you to post your replies here (scroll to the bottom of the page)… or on our Facebook page located at www.Facebook.com/PotluckYarn
If you have the opportunity, please ‘share’ this post with your good friends on Facebook… we’ve made it easy, simply click here.
Wishing you the best of luck,
-The Knitting Witches
My Broken Circle Book Tour begins in California this week, and I can’t wait.
Follow along on a Google Map on Potluck Yarn with social media guru Randi Morse as we visit schools and bookstores in the San Diego area of Southern California.
You can also check my calendar that is not exactly set yet, as more events keep getting added. If you are in the area, stop by for a book signing! I’ll also be giving readings, showing the Broken Circle garments and leading interactive fantasy workshops at area schools.
Don’t worry, there will be pictures galore. In between times, I plan to work on edits for the second book of the Potluck Yarn Trilogy, which I finished writing last month. Stay tuned for the adventure!