Most orders are shipped within 3 - 7 business days after payment is cleared. Please be sure to add that to the estimated shipping time when calculating when you will receive your order. Sometime USPS Parcel Post comes up as the cheapest shipping method. We have seen this method take up to 3 weeks in transit. If you are anxious to receive your order, you probably want to choose a different method.
We will do our best to accommodate your choice of shipping. However in the case that the chosen shipping type does not meet the requirements of the package and or address, we reserve the right to ship it as required and bill you accordingly. An example of this would be a package addressed to a P.O. Box and asking for UPS shipping. As this is not possible it will be switched to ship through the USPS.
UPS is tracked and insured with your shipping payment. If you ship using the USPS you must add insurance yourself (There is an option at checkout). Potluck Yarn is not responsible for packages that have not been insured. Insuring packages is the responsibility of the customer.
USPS Insurance is required on orders totaling $500 or more in merchandise. We have had too many packages destroyed or opened and contents lost when shipping them through USPS.
All international orders are subject to the following terms:
- First Class Mail: This option is not insurable please be aware. Potluck Yarn does not accept responsibility for uninsured packages.
- Priority Mail: This option is insurable and packages seem to reach their destination quicker.
- All international customers are responsible for insuring their packages.
Updated: USPS Media Mail Shipping
We are now offering USPS Media Mail shipping for media (books) only. Do not choose Media Mail if your order contains anything (yarn, needles, accessories, magazines) other than printed, educational, non-advertising media. We will be forced to cancel your order and you will be charged a restocking fee.
All sales are final. However, we want you to be pleased with your order. We guarantee our products to be as described. If you feel this is not the case with your purchase, please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any returns are processed at our fulfillment center and must be pre-approved for return. Please include a copy of your invoice with any return.
Our Returns Guidelines are as follows:
- If we have made an error on your order, items in original condition may be returned for a store credit within 14 days of purchase.
- We're sorry, but due to copyright laws, we do not accept book or pattern returns.
- We do not make exchanges. Returns and new purchases are treated as two separate transactions. When we receive your return, we will post a credit to your customer account for the value of your returned goods, and then notify you via email as soon as the credit has been posted, so that you can apply it to a future order. Credit cannot be applied retroactively to an order already in progress.